IT area is one of the fastest-growing fields and almost every modern company need to use different IT services. The question is how to do it: hire in-house specialists or find an outsourcing company? Today we’ll try to figure out the pros and cons of IT outsourcing, and decide how to find the best outsourcing company.
What is IT outsourcing?
First things first, so we start from a definition. IT outsourcing is a process of delegation services to the contractor. You can delegate very different services but today we talk only about IT. So, what IT services you can outsource?
- DevOps services;
- software development (including web and mobile);
- Big Data services;
- IT consulting;
- cloud computing services;
- customer support services;
- database services;
- server services;
- and much more.
Actually, you can delegate any IT service you have in the company. Outsourcing is quite a fast and efficient way to use modern technologies. Let’s have a look at the benefits of IT outsourcing.
Advantages of IT outsourcing
- Cost efficiency. This is one of the most important benefits for the business. IT outsourcing helps you to find qualified specialists worldwide without spending time on long search and money on HR processes and even equipment of the workplace because you hire a remote team.
- Bigger talent pool. Outsourcing allows you to hire worldwide, so you’re not limited by location and can look for specialists everywhere. This is especially convenient when you need narrow or rare talent for your project.
- Staff reduction. With remote specialists your in-house team won’t expand, so you don’t need a bigger office, more computers, desks, etc.
- Access to new technologies. IT outsourcing companies usually know a lot of new technologies and can quickly provide them, so you don’t need to study an in-house team to implement some services.
- Risk minimization. Outsourcing company takes overall risks related to its area.
Risks of IT outsourcing
- Security risks. If you refer to the unscrupulous company, it might use your sensitive data in its own interests. But this is a really rare situation.
- Management risks. It includes some failure of deadlines and tasks. This is also a problem of unscrupulous contractors that can spoil the project. Also, you might face situation with ignoring your messages and calls.
- Bad quality of the contractor’s work. It’s hard to predict the quality of work but we’ll talk about how to find a reliable outsourcing company below.
How to find a reliable contractor?
Now you understand what is outsourcing and why it’s beneficial for your business. Of course, there are no perfect things in the world and IT outsourcing has some risks. We need to highlight that all the risks are impossible with a good contractor.
If you want to find a trustworthy outsourcing company, you should read reviews and find feedback from real previous customers. Fortunately, there are a lot of trusted platforms where you can see ratings, awards, reviews and prices for outsourcing services.